Ways Spray Paint Art
A Step-by-step Guide for Beginners
To begin with, you need a proper ventilated place to practice. You can choose the wall of your compound, a garage, or a driveway for this. Once you have finalized the location, gather all the materials you will need, lay out newspapers or an old cloth at the place, and take out anything you don’t wish to get the paint on.
Take the wooden piece or poster board to the place, and tape it onto the wall on the edges, with the help of masking tape or painter’s tape. This will make it easier for you to remove the board or the piece of wood, once you are done with. Before you start working, wear all protective gear to prevent any paint from falling on your body parts. Gloves and face masks are a must, to protect your hands from the paint and also to prevent intake of any hazardous paint fumes.
Since you are a beginner, use spray paint cans for your work. Apply pressure with the help of your fingers on the nozzle of the can to control the rate at which paint flows out from it. You can adjust as much as you want, and see the effect it has on the texture and shading of the paint. Apply a coat of paint on the poster board or wooden piece, and cover it with a glossy magazine page on top. When you take off the magazine page, you will have a different texture of paint at the particular spot. In the same manner, make different layers on the painting surface.
To incorporate shapes in your art, use normal household materials. You can form circles using cups and glasses; squares and rectangles can be created using small boxes and so on. Try looking for varied shapes from various daily use items found in your house to create unique and innovative shapes. You can also make use of a stencil.
For making straight lines, try using clay-modeling tools. This will also be useful in providing additional texture to your paint. Wood or metal scrapers are useful for making buildings in the painting. You can experiment with these tools by applying many layers of paint on them, and keep learning new ways to make your art more creative.
Points to Consider
- While purchasing cans, ensure that you purchase ones of the similar brand. Also, pick up as many colors as possible to make your artwork more lively.
- When you set out for doing your artwork, wear old clothes, or clothes used often so that you don’t feel bad, even though they get dirty.
- Make sure you wear rubber gloves and a face mask to prevent hands from getting wet in paint and also to avoid inhaling any toxic fumes.
- It is advised that pregnant women and people suffering from respiratory disorders keep away from doing any spray paint art.
- While you are still a beginner, don’t rush into practicing all possible techniques. Take it slowly, and gradually move on to complex methods, once you are comfortable with the basic stuff.