Monthly Archives: December 2016
Here are a few points to consider before choosing canvas art as a gift:
So, you have made the mind to gift a good quality canvas work and you are selecting a work with good prints. In the process of selecting an awesome canvas art prints, here are some other points that has to be considered by you:
- Thinking about the receiver’s personal taste – You must look at the personal taste of the person in the first instance. This should be followed by checking that whether they are conservative or bold? Do they wear clothes and accessories with bold colors or patterns or do they prefer plain and classic styles? In case you find then fairly conservative, the canvas art print must be more of abstract with two or three colors. If they are colorful and flamboyant then pop art or retro designs can be given.
- Thinking about their home – If you are giving a work of art, it becomes vital that the home decor and designs of the receiver is considered. Remember that the personal upkeep of the individuals can be actually different from the homes. So, one must not guess everything from outlook. Consider that the canvas art is going to or not fit their interior design and if it suits the design of homes, then only it must be showered.
Apart from the two points another vital thing that needs to be considered while gifting is that is there adequate space in the homes of the receiver for keeping the work of art. Once you have decided on the style of the work, you must also be sure that there is available enough space on which the work can be hanged on.
What’s your budget?
You have considered everything from the side of the receiver. Now it’s time to consider your budget as well. You must remember that size does really matter when it comes to picking up a canvas work. The recipient is far more likely to appreciate a smaller piece of canvas art that meets all of the previous requirements, rather than a larger piece that you felt made it appear that you had spent more money. So, you must first consider the needs of the receiver and then gift, rather than just deciding by size and canvas art print.
1. Don’t try too hard
Abstract art addresses on human emotions. Artists don’t copy images from the real life. Instead, the paint their canvasses in a way that can spawn several interpretations and all of them will be equally acceptable. It might be difficult at first, but the more you look at such paintings, the more you understand them. It’s like learning a foreign language – only everyday practice will give you the result.
2. Don’t be in a hurry
We are constantly on the move and we want to get as much information as possible in a short period of time. But art doesn’t like it. Stop for a moment and have a close look at the picture, free your mind and try to focus on your feelings about it.
3. Step by step
4. Artist’s vision
In their works, artists try to show how they see the world; they use themes and emotions that have something to do with what’s happening in their lives at the moment. But they do it in a very particular way because there is no common vision of the same problem for different people.
5. Appreciate the abstraction
Accurate and realistic painting was vital for traditional artists. Now it is unnecessary. The focus shifted from the object of art to its subject. In other words, it’s not what you paint, it’s how you paint.
First modern styles appeared in 1860s as refusal from past traditions. They are characterized by freshness, ideological content, unusual techniques and even simplified forms of displayed composition. Modern oil pictures are painted with vibrant colors and surreal shapes to portray deep emotions.
Here are some of the most influential styles that mostly reflect the spirit of modern art schools and movements.
- Abstract art is a nonrepresentational style that departs from reality replacing it with associative and symbolic elements. Rather than depicting real objects, artists try to evoke the viewer’s feelings through the use of colors and shapes.
- Surrealist paintings are a free combination of bright and vivid images in a fantastic, unconventional way. Surrealists are dreamers without boundaries who emphasize the meaning of the subconscious and try to paint a “flow of imagination.”
- Pop art reflects subjects and scenes from casual life. It is a certain kind of realism in contemporary art, only defined by modern realia.
- Representatives of conceptual art believe that the conceptual side of art dominates over the technical one. This style is mostly reflected in a combination of different elements: sculpture, installation and painting.
- Futurists depict the triumph of technologies and the evolution of the world in the future. They believe that the mankind will take the lead over nature.
- Impressionism is considered one of the earliest modern styles that appeared in France. Artworks of this style thrill the viewer with a play of color and light in a patchwork of radical brushstrokes.
One of the most famous contemporary impressionists, Leonid Afremov, creates a wide range of thought-provoking oil paintings using an uncommon Impasto technique and vibrant positive colors. Like every Impressionist, he tries to capture the beauty of the moment and perpetuate fleeting emotions in a way that best describes its meaning. Bright and inspiring paintings by Leonid Afremov will make a fine addition to your room decor and create a warm, cozy atmosphere in your home.
Some of the duties you would expect to perform as an illustrator include:
Understanding client needs and developing artwork from their concepts Creating storyboards that depict the script and narrative Drawing in 2D to create sketches, artwork or illustrations Designing models, backgrounds, characters, objects and environment Using clay, plaster, oil paints, watercolours and acrylics Working to deadlines and meet client’s expectations Using technical software packages, such as Adobe suite and other tools used by illustrators
Illustrators must develop certain skills to make a decent living. There are many websites and forums and blog posts that can help you develop and hone these skills. However, before you do find out where it is important to know what these skills are. Without ado, let us look at these skills in question:
As an illustrator, you should:
You can develop and hone these skills needed online, or through courses. Many platforms and websites can help you ‘sketch’ a brilliant career, as an illustrator.
Illustration Class, Colossal, Lynda, Skillshare and Folio Academy offer both paid and free options, where you can learn illustration online.
Being Successful as a Freelance illustrator:
Maybe you will create the next Uncle Sam, or the next Syd, Milly and Olly. Who knows? However, what is apparent is that with the skills and talent this field will give you many opportunities to create memorable characters and illustrations. So, how can you become a successful illustrator?
There are many bumps along the way to becoming successful freelancers: no colleagues to moan to, no shared lunches, along with the instability of the absence of a weekly cheque. However, you can become successful, or indeed set off down the path to success, by following certain tips, as;
Being adept at drawing Being a keen observer Referring to and studying the works of better artists Learning continuously Networking Be able to sketch social views of an incident Be able to draw on people’s expression.